How to get to the hotel
Local transportation is available through taxis and buses and two wheelers. Goa is connected via land, sea and air to all the major coastal regions of western India. It has direct flights to all the major cities of India, apart from some International flights as well. Its railways is connected to almost all the major regions of India. Goa has 4 major train stations and one airport.
Discover nearby points of interest
Beach and pool
Candolim beach is one of the longest beaches in the state and is located in the Bardez taluka. Beginning at Fort Aguada and merging with Calangute beach towards the end. The beach in itself is very calm and peaceful. What adds to the scenic beauty of the sand and sea are the scrub covered dunes at the back of the beach quite popular with tourists.
The main road that is the Candolim Calangute road is packed with shops and restaurants, but the beach front is rather free of any commercial activity apart from some water activities. Though the beach is close to bustling Calangute beach, life is rather laid back at Candolim.
Candolim‘s long and languid beach, which curves to join smaller Sinquerim Beach to the south, is largely the preserve of slow-basting package tourists from the UK, Russia and, increasingly, elsewhere in India. It’s fringed with an unabating line of beach shacks, all offering sun beds and shade in exchange for your custom.
Fort Aguada and Light House Goa
The fort was constructed in 1613 to guard against the Dutch and the Marathas. It was a reference point for the vessels coming from Europe at that time. This old Portuguese fort stands on the beach south of Candolim, at the shore of the Mandovi River. Just 4.5 KM away from Golden Tulip Goa.
A freshwater spring within the fort provided water supply to the ships that used to stop by. This is how the fort got its name: Aguada, meaning Water. Crews of passing ships would often visit to replenish their fresh water stores. On the fort stands a four-storey Portuguese lighthouse, erected in 1864 and the oldest of its kind in Asia. Built in 1612, it was once the grandstand of 79 cannons. It has the capacity of storing 2,376,000 gallons of water, one of the biggest freshwater storage of the time in whole of Asia. This fort is divided in two segments: the upper part acted as fort and watering station, while the lower part served as a safe berth for Portuguese ships. Whereas the upper part has a moat, underground water storage chamber, gunpowder room, light house and bastions, it also has a secret escape passage to use during time of war and emergency. The lighthouse at initial stage is used to emit light once in 7 minutes. In 1834 it was changed to emit light creating eclipse every 30 seconds, however it was abandoned in 1976.
Fort Aguada was the most prized and crucial fort of Portuguese. The fort is so large that it envelops the entire peninsula at the south western tip of Bardez. Built on the mouth of river Mandovi, it was strategically located and was the chief defense of Portuguese against the Dutch and Marathas.